Wednesday, March 07, 2007

'sociological' escapades

Thank you Lord, for I am so blessed.

I have had so many realizations today and it's all because of a simple yet meaningful experience that have helped me change my views about what REALITY is truly all about.

This experience wasn't planned, after meeting with the Guru and discuss the memorable things that are worth sharing... I guess it was just intended to happen.

I went with Jer at a place I never even knew what it was exactly and since he taught there, I was given the honor of observing him (haha, well yeah, i did observe your demeanor) as well as the society that we were currently in.

Frankly, I experienced this so-called "culture shock" at first. But since I've already learned why such things and cultures vary among others, I easily adapted and adjusted to what was "weird" and unusual at first.

Seeing how the people moved around that context, how the environment is completely different from my preconceived notions of THE "Environment" and how people saw and "interpreted" my lifestyle, I now understand how I should perceive society and why Sir Jer has always been telling me about my reality and my world.

I'm sorry for being a bit condescending, and for being "a big ego freak" sometimes.. it's just that I haven't really understood the context of how other people live.. and through this sociological experience, God has indeed planned this to happen. He wants me to realize something that I should've thought about a long time ago.

Sir, it was one hell of a tiring day.. but so many lessons will remain and be remembered. It was one practical application of what we have been studying in Sociology.

And as what you've said, "Now, you truly won't be able to forget me.." Yeah I really won't.. and will not. I'm learning reality and the difference between my perceptions and theirs.

Indeed, this has been a meaningful day and I'm more than contented and grateful to have experienced this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waahh! bitin!! anu nangyari?!?!?

Sassy said...

hahaha... kwento ko in detail later :)