Monday, February 14, 2011

Someday

Merriam-Webster's Definition:

some·day \ˈsəm-ˌdā\

adv.

at some future time


Such a simple word yet so many beautiful meanings and implications arise from it, at least for me.


Possibility

Even though it cannot happen yet, we remain open to the possibility that someday, it will. Someday, we will make it happen. Time allows us to mature ergo, what is absent now can be made present soon. Someday.


Waiting

Because we know there is that possibility, we become patient so much so that we are willing to wait. Waiting is difficult especially when one does not know what he's waiting for. However, it is in this act that allows us to cross the lines - to transcend and overcome our limits. Because even if we know we will suffer and get tired of it, we hold on to that possibility and to the chance that someday, we can obtain our heart's desires. Someday.


Hoping

Hope here is never treated only in a diluted sense where we expect our wishes to come true and believe these would happen. It is not something like optimism that expects results in the end but rather, it never demands/provokes/dares anything.


Hope can only be possible when despair is evident. It is despair when one waits for the unknown thus, we begin to embrace patience and in so doing, we hope. Because there is no insistence, real hope relies on the faith of it happening someday. In the passage of time, I hope things will be better. Someday.


Promise

Though uncertain and indefinite, someday somehow connotes a promise that it can/will be. With the waiting and hoping, a promise forms from the possibilities that time offers. Time gives us that sense of fulfilling something we haven't done in the past and so we have that unsaid promise. Promises exist because of our understanding of the future. As such, someday provides that sense of letting everything be in its own time. In saying "Someday", I have opened myself to having faith and hoping (refer to the description above) in my promise, fulfilled or not.

---


Someday

(music and lyrics by Sassy Guerrero, © 2010)


If there's one thing I regret

Since the day that we met

I've never been truly honest


Feelings were kept hidden

Words were left unspoken

That I've already fallen


Refrain:

but will it still work out

knowing you're gone now?

I'll make a new plan

take the chance


Chorus:

Someday, we'll have the courage

To say those 3 words

Truth should be told

Someday, we'll fight for what's right

To stay with each other

Be together forever

someday


If there's one thing I know

There's still that tomorrow

To try again and mend what's broken


Cherish those memories

Create our destinies

Yes, love's full of mysteries

(refrain then chorus)


Bridge:

I'm tired of hiding and waiting

Let's make today the beginning

Of something worth lasting

Coz if truth be told right now

I love you's not enough somehow….



I never wrote this song with all these in mind. In fact, I'm quite surprised I captured love with just one word: Someday. While writing, I just remembered this certain someone who remains to be an inspiration and voila, the song came to be.

So, to you, who made this song possible: Thank You. Happy Valentine's Day.

----



Feel free to download it on my Soundclick page sometime in the afternoon. :) (For some reason, I can't upload the song right now.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday we'll know why samson loved delilah
One day I'll go dancing on the moon~~
Someday we'll know, why I wasn't meant for youuuuu.... (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

HAHAH SORRY PANIRA NG MOMENT :))
-A

Sassy said...

"Someday we'll know...that i was the one for you"

but then again, you already know my take on this. HAHA :))