Friday, June 16, 2006

fulfillment once again

While I was watching TV at about 1 in the morning, I scanned the channels and stopped at HBO and saw The American President being shown again. Oh, I just couldn't help but watch it again because of its very appealing plot, not to mention its cast who were just so awesome.

It has a very simple storyline but was very well played by the actors especially Michael Douglas and Annette Benning. They were truly fitted for their own roles vis-a-vis their chemistry together. Michael Douglas, the President (Andy Shepherd) fell in love with a lady from a surveying company, Annette Benning (Sidney Wade) during the campaign period.

How lovely and romantic it is for Sidney Wade to have a boyfriend who is just the President of the United States. Even though he was very busy with all his projects and meetings, he still had the chance to fall in love and be a normal person for just one moment of his entire hectic life. The portrayal of the characters moved me and my view of love in a way that it has really touched my ego because their relationship were so controversial and too many people wanted to destroy it.

Indeed, the movie was compelling. It was entertaining and even more exciting because of the fact that a President falls for this ordinary woman and how he managed to strengthen their relationship vis-a-vis the election campaign. It's a very good movie that even though it's a bit old already, it definitely should be seen.

I'm so fulfilled to have seen it again. It's already 3:18 in the morning and I just can't help but write about it because I was so overwhelmed when I watched this film again.

It's time to sleep...Good night.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

haha, oo nga noh? thanks, dondz!! :-) hayaan mo, kasama ka sa mga ililibre ko! bwahahaha.. see you. :-)