Sunday, June 04, 2006

Waiting forever

As I was listening to Gary V's latest album, Relevance, so many things have I realized. I know I could not turn back the hands of time anymore for the past will always be the past. Time is so brutal that we cannot even stop or control it nor change what have transpired already.

But do we really have a choice? Do we really have to feel bad about the time that has gone?

When I first heard the song Wait Forever by the one and only Mr. Pure Energy, my heart leaped for joy. I never knew that song could make one's heart fantasize about someone serenading her and spilling out truthfully those 3 sweetest words.

And if that person would be the "right" one, then it's a dream that has come true. Unfortunately, most of the people that I know (including me) are still hoping..waiting for that very moment they call serendipity--everything happening at the right place and at the right time.

What if that time still doesn't come? What if it's already too late and here we are, still waiting for the chance... Will it be worth the wait? Will we just waste our time not knowing that there's really no such thing as forever in the first place?

Questions like those do not just end there. Many questions are still unanswered until now and as for me, I guess I just have to wait forever for that one to happen.

Just like what Gary's song said, "I could hold on for a hundred years, when all else is gone I would still be here...In a memory of things yet unseen, I'd remember all that we've never been and I cannot wait to see what life has in store for me...IN ANOTHER LIFETIME."

Yes, perhaps it's really better to wait and see that we could be together in another lifetime as I take the ones I'd missed and make you mine, if only for a time. Life would really matter in another lifetime when I see both of us, sharing our dreams and wishes for each other. Ahh, all these wishful thoughts could make me close my eyes and....sigh. Too bad these wouldn't happen now. What wasn't meant to be isn't meant for now but someday will probably be the time, the serendipity that we will be waiting for...

It's funny how these thoughts could go places. It's such a wonder how I can think that you would be mine but until that time is now, I'd be always holding on somehow...holding on to forever until another lifetime.....

If only this lifetime is now then I wouldn't have to wait forever and continue to reminisce the times when we were together. These dreams will remain and stay in my heart for as long as I can still remember how I fell for you as if you were a wish that was granted.

Deep inside this heart, I know the pain that has been caused by all these thoughts, yet, I still hold on for I believe that there will always be that SERENDIPITY--only in God's own time. It might be today, tomorrow or the other day ahead. Or maybe it will be never.

Oh well... I'll just have to keep on waiting.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

hahaha.. thanks for commenting, dondz! yeah.. i know i just have to keep the faith. That's the reason why I still feel these pain inside me. hahaha.. okay, stop na sassy. thanks again!