Tuesday, June 27, 2006

XVIII. Dieciocho.

This was pretty much how my friends made my birthday a very memorable one.

Lots of pictures, lots of bonding moments, everything that happened were perfectly at the right place and at the right time albeit the extremely hectic schedule for classes (the hell that is called BOTANY LAB)....

It wasn't the conventional "debut" celebration, nor was it the typical party or gathering but rather a very simple get-together with the very special people in my college life. I was so damn lucky to have spent my 18th birthday with them and indeed, no time was wasted.

It was even funny that after a very ecstatic moment, even my botany classmates (fyi: the freshies) greeted me and sang the b-day song just before our professor arrived! Thanks, guys. It was quite unexpected but I really appreciate it... :-)

After a lot of things that have transpired today at school, it was time for me to celebrate this blessed day with my family-the best people in my life. Once again, a simple dinner and talk with the family- mom, dad, and my lola. Things were just normal but of course I just can't help thinking that I've already spent 18 years of existence together with them and I'm obviously looking forward to spending many more years with all of my loved ones in the future.

To sum everything up, this day was one of the best times of my life. The bond formed with friends, the relationships that have grown over time and the love that we've found in each other...all these are enough to make me happy more than anything or any luxury a human could ever have. God has been so good to give me all of you to better help me understand the reason of my existence.

I'm blessed. I'm loved. I'm thankful. I love you all.

*Oh, to those who gave me gifts, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! I appreciate your thoughtfulness! God bless everyone.

No comments: